nafex - Re: [nafex] plum seedlings

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] plum seedlings
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 12:57:56 -0400

Victoria,
Does the Shiro grow at your place in zone 3? This would surprise me very
much as I have tried it and it didn't survive in my zone 4. The Mt-Royal
would probably handle your climate as it grows very well in Murray Bay,
which is borderline between zones 3 and 4. Mt-Royal is self fertile and
reproduces freely from seed. The offsprings are very similar to the
original tree, with sometimes slightly smaller fruits. In Murray Bay, for
example, there are old summer properties (50 to 80 years old) with large
gardens. Plums have always been planted and now, the original old trees
have died and have been naturally replaced by their seedlings...
Claude Jolicoeur, Quebec.

Go to Expedia.com to win airfare to Vegas for you and 20 friends,
$15,000 and a suite at Bellagio for New Year's. Or win 2 roundtrip
tickets anywhere in the U.S. given away daily. Click here for a chance win.
http://click.egroups.com/1/5295/0/_/423498/_/960483640/