nafex - [nafex] burettes

  • From: Carolyn Wood <natvwine@cut.net>
  • To: nafex chat <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] burettes
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 08:30:08 +0000

>Chris M wrote:
>If I'm remembering correctly a burette is used for titrations, it is
>basically a long narrow (glass) tube with precise graduations etched
>in its side and a stopcock at the bottom. It allows precise
>measurements of how much of a chemical has been added to a solution.

Some good places to find a burette; chemical supply stores, university
surplus or laboratory supply houses. You might find a used one from a
univ. lab for as little as $10 - a new one should run $40 - $80.

http://click.egroups.com/1/4634/0/_/423498/_/959869406/

  • [nafex] burettes, Carolyn Wood, 06/01/2000