msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Sheriff's Posse versus MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Sheriff's Posse versus MSAR
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:17:35 -0600

Chuck wrote:
>I was recently confronted with a statement on the Internet that 'all
>Sheriff's Posse are the same as MSAR.

Nope. Some mounted sheriff's posse groups are parade / drill team /
ceremonial only. I have contacted hundreds of sheriff's posse groups
over the years. Some have nothing to do with horses. Some operate
multi-million dollar rodeos. Some do only parades and trail rides
and cookouts. Some do search and rescue. Some (very few) do it all.