msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR International Joint Training Exercise

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: sleininger@myfrontiermail.com
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR International Joint Training Exercise
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:32:57 +0000 (UTC)

 I wish I could have been there. I have an Icelandic horse but have never
used him for MSAR. I usally work with a dog and he hates dogs. He attacks
them without provacation. I ride a Morab for MSAR because she works fine
with the dog. I have even had the dog stand and put her (the dog) feet on
the horse and she (the horse) stood still.

Glad to hear it went well.

Sherrel

We had a wonderful (joint) MSAR training weekend with the Iceland Search and
Rescue (ICE-SAR) team members! It was lovely riding weather with the scent of
Russian Olive blooms filling the air. Saturday began with the Welcoming
Ceremony, and from horseback Larry (T-10) and Joyce (T-24) presented the
flags of Iceland and the USA (with music playing of each Country's National
Anthem) to the team leaders of both countries. The Saturday night campfire
SAR Chat included a serenade by a pack of coyotes that were howling at the
full moon.

T’mi

ww.trotsar.org