msar-riders - [MSAR] [k9preydrive@yahoo.com: [SAR-L] Southern Illinois SAR Conference April 15-17]

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] [k9preydrive@yahoo.com: [SAR-L] Southern Illinois SAR Conference April 15-17]
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:48:28 -0600

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Dana Mc <k9preydrive@yahoo.com>
  • To: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:19:29 -0700 (PDT)
We have about 2 weeks left before our 4th annual SAREX takes place!

We'll be inviting Bill Dotson to our area for an extended stay of 4 days
starting Thursday to Sunday (April 14-17) to cover various aspects of K9
training in SAR: Trailing, AirScent, HRD and building searches.

We will also have a Marker Training instructor in to go over aspects of
Marker
Training with our handlers, plus instruction on unexpected night out survival
tactics, shelter construction, Mantracking, and a fly-in by a medical helo
from
AirEvac to discuss operations involving assisting with loading, unloading and
landing of helos. Many great things can be learned with these fly-ins. For
you
handlers, your dogs will get a first hand experience of the chaos involved in
being near and around helicopters and their crews!

This is an open conference for anyone involved in search and rescue whether
you
be K9, ground, air, or Mounted. We look to bring together all of you that
show
and interest in SAR and the camaraderie that comes from joining together to
save
a life.

Please go to our website, www.lesar.org to sign up, and keep up with us on
Facebook. Search "SAREX 2011", and find our team on FB by searching "LESAR".

Thanks so much!

Chief of Ops
Dana McGuire
Preydrive@gmail.com

Location:
Dixon Springs State Park
37.3825713692797 -88.6682175615614

Prices for SAREX 2011:
$175 for K9 Teams (+ k9)
$125 for Handlers without dogs (you may still bring your K9, but this price
is
for attending training as an Observer)
$75 for attendees not participating in K9 events.

Fees cover lodging in the park’s comfortable cabins, training in the park,
meals; including Friday lunch/supper, Saturday breakfast/lunch/supper and
Sunday
breakfast/lunch.