msar-riders - [MSAR] Subject: Bad weather? Stay indoors and build community

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Subject: Bad weather? Stay indoors and build community
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:06:33 -0800 (PST)

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:31:27 -0700
From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [MSAR] Bad weather?  Stay indoors and build community

Hello MSAR-Riders,

'Tis the season to catch up on old friends and search the web for new
ones.  Please let me know of any new MSAR groups you run across, also
media stories about them and the like.  Let's dust off and update our
units web directory too.

Hello Una, everyone,

Thanking you Una for your warm wishes and {{hugs}} I'm so envious of your weather.
I have a tall (well, too tall for what I care for anyway)  Tennuvian mare that you might want to try in those mountains.  She's young, needs love, is spirited, bold and probably will make a good long distance trekking horse eventually with more training.  By spirited, I mean she has a personality and has the inclination to think on what she does. Her gaits would be more suitable for those mountains of yours vs our  flats and small rolling dales and as for her sensibility, only time and experience would tell..  Occassionally she does not play nice with other pasture mates as she thinks she is "queen".  The youngin has decided to take the crown from our 30 year old who used to be responsible for distributing the herds law and order..

So what are some of those issues you have with that mare of yours?  You will have to explain what you mean!  If its a  physical conformation issue causing her inability to perform, that is one thing, if it is a physical issue such as one sidedness perhaps it is just a matter of flexing and getting, gaining and maintaining that needed suppleness, so do tell!  One day too if I get more time, I will post more pics on my equine web showing those flexing and suppling exersizes I often talk about.  Admittedly, I am behind.

No word from the new McDough group.  Perhaps Lois Gunyon has been in touch or could invite them in if they have not been asked already?  I do not have that new groups email and earlier thought they were already aboard on the list.  Well, if they are lurking, now, again I say greetings!  If not... theres something to do.

Will yak later, I have got to get outdoors and pinch horse hides for hydration and make sure all the herd is well and good.  Do I want to manage more than twelve animals?  Been there, done many many more...perhaps the question with this weather here should be, what number for any of us breaks the point of tiredness, stupidity and or plain insanity? Ideally, one must work within some certain perameters to come to any conclusion!  And didnt momma say there would be those days where some days it was going to be too difficult to tell!

  Enjoy, Im off to the wilderness,

Log in and visit us at STORMS - http://stormyweather1.webs.com/

Karen

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and then delete it. Thank you for your compliance.   Please also do not forward without my permission, Thank you.