msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] [MSAR-IL] McDonough County new MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] [MSAR-IL] McDonough County new MSAR
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:37:14 -0700

Hi there Karen. I know things are really hard for you right now, so
{{hugs}}.

I haven't made contact with the new MSAR in McDonough County. The only
point of contact with an e-mail address is the county sheriff. Those of
you in Illinois might want to send him a "hello" to pass along to them.

My winter preparedness consists of keeping the vehicles in good repair,
with enough fuel, road map, and basic emergency shelter in place stuff.
The truck currently is loaded with a bin of SAR stuff and 3 sleeping
bags, a sleep sack, and an air mattress. I slept in the truck, comfy,
during a training in October.

That said, so far we have no winter here in New Mexico. No snow, and
warm days. This is really bad for our trees, especially down in the
Rio Grande valley where the orchards were smashed by a late fall hail
storm before the leaves had dropped.