msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] [MSAR-IL] McDonough County new MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: " USA.Mounted search and rescue in Illinois" <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>, MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] [MSAR-IL] McDonough County new MSAR
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:41:26 -0800 (PST)

Una,

The McDough County group is across the state from me.  Hello from a spontaneous volunteer. Has the McDoungh group joined the lists?

Just a newsnote for the midwest states region...regarding current road hazards and the winter storm thing going on...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101213/ap_on_re_us/us_wintery_weather

Semi drivers have been reporting numerous accidents and abandoned small vehicles.  They are calling out patches off  ice where folks are failing to remember ICE FORMS ON BRIDGES first and in the blowing snow just seeing a bridge has been the issue in some cases where vehicles have slide off the road.

Reports on travel down state in Illinois between  Chicago  to St Louis there has been a lot of vehicles in accidents.  Indiana across the board to Ohio to the coast, same thing.  One report involved a bus with several other vehicles.  Also several semis have jackknifed in sudden whiteout conditions.  Like the one driver was heard to say over the CB, "There is only one thing worse than thinking you might be in the wrong lane and then coming into the realization that the semi trailer you see out your side window is your own and thats strangly waking up learning there is another vehicle under you.  Thank God Im in a truckstop!"  Smart guy!

So whats in your vehicle for winter preparedness?  Anyone care to share their experiences trailering horses in the winter or share experiences on winter missions?  Whats your pretrip plan?  Do you check your tires, lights and clear completely ice and snow off all windows and lights or are you in too big of a hurry to even care about someone elses safety?  Hows your oil, fuel and other important fluids?  Just a few to mention!

Looks like winter is here with a vengence and we all are in for the long haul whether or not we have to leave the farm.

        Karen Nesbitt - Iroquois County-IL - VMSAR

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and then delete it. Thank you for your compliance.   Please also do not forward without my permission, Thank you.