msar-riders - [MSAR] Western Cowboy helmet MSAR equipment

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Western Cowboy helmet MSAR equipment
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:47:01 -0700 (PDT)

Responding to:

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:03:41 -0500
From: "Joseph C. Huston" <jchuston@earthlink.net>
To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [MSAR] Cowboy hat riding helmet

On another note, a while back (2 years or so), there was a discussion regarding cowboy hat riding helmets. I saw one in a tack shop in Lexington (don't know the size) so, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will give you the shops name

Joseph C. Huston

Confidentiality: This e-mail message contains information from Joe Huston, which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you believe that you received this communication in error, please e-mail the sender.  If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.

Joseph, and yes, I personally arugued long and hard on this forum  FOR that type of helmet because of my own personal whiplash issues due to some jerk trying to run me off the road and because I ride horses and do many things and the whys and whatfors and the manufacturers heard.  Need I shout a PRAISE GOD, they HEARD!!    If you go to Troxel helmets.. Both the Western and english type are stocked by netmailorder too.  It was not a vanity thing.  www.troxel.com I would be interested in them, but my budget has been cut short by some JERK.  But I will get over it - donations welcome.  Um, my nonprofit is not quite set up yet.. but in the heading.  HQ - Send 50c to Irv.   Im sure he knows what to do with it.  Looking for a kid sized western.  6 and three qwarters in a regular western... dont know if it sizes different in a western helmet hat but am guessing it might.  My pea brain aint none to big!

Time on your hands... Go to www.christopherreeves.org  too and recently Pauly from California Orange Choppers made a one of a kind wheelchairchopper and got someone back in that saddle too.  Maybe that rider can do a form of MSAR?!  Well, wrong horses, but its a thought!   Not that that has anything to do with MSAR, SAR, R, LE  or any  injuries to which most of us here dont know much about, hahaha, but the Reeves Site is a Super-awesome site and for off mission preparedness research and learning all about neck and back and parallisis injuries and more... need I say more. And Jesus, Superman did not die in vain.  Took a horse to eternity, but not in vain.  The man in AFTERLIFE, keeping quality of life in broken lives.  Now that Rocks!

Ya'll ride safe ya hear!

        Karen Nesbitt - VMSAR - IROQUOIS COUNTY - ILLINOIS
Some trust in chariots, and others in horses: but we will always remember the name of the Lord our God.  Psalms 20:7..
...and the bay went forth,  and sought to go to and fro that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth.  So they walked to and fro through the earth. Zec 6:7

The information contained in this transmission is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and then delete it. Thank you for your compliance.   Please also do not forward without my permission, Thank you.

  • [MSAR] Western Cowboy helmet MSAR equipment, Karen Nesbitt, 08/19/2010