msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Emaciated Horses in Illinois...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Emaciated Horses in Illinois...
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 21:19:09 -0500 (CDT)

Yep. And if you can't afford your home don't buy it. If you can't assure you'll have a job forever don't have kids. If you can't predict the future and all the things that will befall you just stop breathing. Stuff happens. Not everyone who owns an emaciated horse is a monster. Some are just plain folk to whom life handed hard choices.

As I asked - what are we doing about the problem? Personally I am the president and founder of a nationwide horse rescue that tries to find better homes for horses in bad situations- everything from the family who ran out of money and lost their home to creeps who dumped a healthy horse at the meat auction for whatever reason.

The only way to solve the issues is to work to fix them. Otherwise you're just spitting into the wind.

Chris
.
The bottom
>line is if you cannot afford to keep their home in upkeep, then, don't breed or
>buy them. Falling on hard times is one thing, but being downright stupid
>is another.
Kudos to this post!!!