msar-riders - [MSAR] K-9 Suspended

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] K-9 Suspended
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:45:41 -0700 (PDT)

News story here...Idaho police dog with issues....

OK - Anyone got a suggestion on how to housebreak an older dog?  I have a Queensland dingo that is just not getting it.  While I admit some owner/operator error exists, Im afraid she is just one that is never gonna get it.  We have tried the crate, tried to teach her to ask, and sometimes we can even leave her for a good long stretch and she can manage to hold it, however... the #2 thing persists, not every day, but often enough to be a nuisance.  I think the the dingo blood is also part of the inherant programing error in this animal.  The "wild" side rules.  Otherwise normally she is an alright inhouse dog. But can be pretty retarded when it comes to this issue.  She is not our first dog either.  Just one with a low K-9 IQ!

The other nasty with her is being a bitch, her mother cleanup instinct will kick in and she will a-hem eat the evidence especially if she releaves where it has sunk in to her puny little brain not to do it there.... and reprograming this mutt has been to say the least rather difficult.   I am not positive why the dog isists on quidding.

Oh and for those of you with fleas... the 50%Dawn dish soap and 50% vinegar REALLY works.

Karen Nesbitt - VMSAR - Iroqouis County - Illinois

Vist our website at STORMS: