msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] ELECTROLYTES both horse and human....For public safety? HUH?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Finkle" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] ELECTROLYTES both horse and human....For public safety? HUH?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 23:08:14 -0400

Dear Karen,

Please do not take my comments out of contents, as they were intended to stem discussion about the routine use of electrolytes and to identify what MSAR teams have in their standards regarding the topic.  I realize that you are a self-deploying mounted searcher and may have limited knowledge of what is actually required of deployable and credentialed SAR and MSAR responders, so please note that in many regions of the USA, registered or validated MSAR equines are considered (by law, statue or regulation) public safety working animals.   While I respect your misguided opinion to advise me of becoming more educated and to question my knowledge base, I would be happy to match SAR/MSAR/EMS related human and equine health certifications, deployment experience, teaching credentials, as well as the number of coursework and CEU credit hours that I obtain yearly, with you off list.

 T’mi