msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR Night Operations Training Invitation

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Finkle" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR Night Operations Training Invitation
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:52:56 -0400

The TROTSAR Mounted Team will be conducting MSAR training on May 8th and 9th at Cedarville State Forest (CSF) Maryland.  On 8 May 2010, a nighttime hasty search will begin at 2000 hours on 17 miles of CSF trails.  CSF is a small area that is only 3510 acres is size, so we expect this to be an easily controlled exercise.  The ICP, (basic) first aid station and MSAR Camp for this event will be in the Equestrian Camping area.  Water and bathrooms are on site but the camp sites have no facilities and you must bring your own picket line or portable corral.  MSAR Hasty teams will consist of 3 horse and riders.  Any field team on task that happens to get lost will be required to stay the night in place. A second (daytime) Hasty Search will be conduct at 1030 hours on Sunday morning (if anyone gets lost we will find you during that exercise).

If any validated MSAR teams would like to send their team members to attend please contact me directly. Negative Coggins and a copy of your team’s insurance policy must be presented in order to attend this event. Additional details will be provided to those who RSVP as attending.  Participants must be in ride with normal MSAR turnout gear, VHF radio (Freq 155.160) and must wear an approved riding helmet.  A campsite fee of $20 dollars per night is required, payable to the Maryland Park Service (I can make your reservation in your behalf). There is no other cost for attendees.  You will need to provide your own food and water for yourself and mount.

Sorry, this event is not open to individuals who are not affiliated with a validated (local or State) MSAR Team. Please RSVP early if you plan to attend only 8 non-TROTSAR slots are available.   Information and maps about CSF can be found online at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/southern/cedarville.asp

Information about Maryland NGO Search Team Standards and SAR equipment list can be found at http://www.dnr.state.md.us/nrp/volunteer.html  (click on SAR Team Standards)

T’mi

www.trotsar.org

  • [MSAR] MSAR Night Operations Training Invitation, T'mi Finkle, 04/17/2010