msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Clay County, northeast Florida (USA)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Clay County, northeast Florida (USA)
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:01:02 -0700

Esther (Born Country) wrote:
>Leon County Sheriff's posse in Tallahassee, Fl. (Leon County)
>We have no website yet, but are working on one.

Hi Esther,

If you post your basic info here on MSAR-Riders, I can use that as
a link in the MSAR units web directory.

Say how (if) you are connected with your county sheriff's office.
Will you self deploy (I hope not!)? If not, when will you deploy?
Who has to call you? Who should Joe Public call if he thinks he
needs you? Who should another county's sheriff call, to get you?
Options include your county sheriff dispatch or mutual aid liason;
or the Florida state SAR Coordinator.

Give a name or position and e-mail or phone. (Believe it or not,
giving that information usually does not generate spam and nuisance
calls ;-) The phone number should be one with a reliable voicemail
and a responsible person who actually listens to and deal with
voicemails. But, the phone number should not be whatever number
you use to receive callouts.

If you are administered or supervised or coached or whatever by
someone in the sheriff's office, discuss with them listing their
name and office phone as your public contact. They would in
effect act as your public information officer.

Give a mailing address, so we can use it to mail you flyers about
upcoming training or other events. If you participate in a mission
you may get a thank you note from the subject or subject's family,
if it is not too difficult for them to find your address. These
notes sometimes include donation checks. Donations are precious,
but the notes themselves are far more precious. We treasure them.