msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 83, Issue 12

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 83, Issue 12
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:34:25 -0800 (PST)

Given the time of year, but depending on the crops in the field, it is not a
high probability a body would have been ploughed under.  However, it would be
instructive to know what type of ploughs were used in the fields.  The newer
chesel ploughs do not turn over the soil in the same way as the older
moldboard style.  Even moldboards are usually set at 12 inches or less.