msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Proving rider and horse skills to qualify for a MSAR team

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Steve de Lyra" <stevd@windstream.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Proving rider and horse skills to qualify for a MSAR team
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 08:20:35 -0500

Hello Shirley,

I will be in Texas next week.  An appointment in San Antonio was cancelled and I was about to schedule my return to Atlanta a day early.   Then I thought that it might be interesting to meet with you and discuss MSAR.  We just held our kick-off meeting for what we are tentatively calling the North Georgia MSAR.  We did not get the numbers we had hoped for, but the "quality" of the folks who turned out was excellent, e. g. a nurse, a guy with some prior training in MSAR, the president a local trail riding association (who came to check out these yahoos and see if this is a serious effort - we passed and she is going to endorse our effort to her pretty large membership), and a couple of CERT volunteers.  In any event we are going forward thanks in large part to several very helpful folks who subscribe to this e-mail list.

I can get to Austin sometime during the evening Tuesday, 15 DEC.  I have not yet booked a room there, but I will if you - and any other folks in your MSAR effort - are able to meet with me that night.  Please let me know.  Regardless, I wish you the best in your efforts.

Ride safe,
Steve

Stephen J. de Lyra
Telephone:    +1 706 216 0081