msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Picture from MSAR - oops!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Picture from MSAR - oops!
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:15:46 -0600

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 08:06:02AM -0700, Leitarhestar MSAR wrote:
>Hi Una

>I had seen the other pictures at the Wikimedia Commons but didn´t fully
>understand
>if one could take and use them.

Those pictures have various licenses. All can be used on any Wikimedia
project,
all can be used for in-house training purposes, and most can be used to
illustrate
a magazine article about MSAR. Some can be used for any purpose. If in
doubt,
ask. If you want a very high resolution image for print publication, it
helps to
contact the source of the image to ask for that, and for permission for your
use.
The license terms for each photo are given in multiple languages, in links on
the
page..

>But I did not know about the pictures at the MSAR website.

Those photos can be used for in-house training. All the authors agreed to
that.
A couple are public domain, so can be used for any purpose.

>Marie Lester at Central Ohio Mounted Search Unit sent us some really good
>pictures
>that we are going to use for the article.

Excellent!

>It´s really amazing this e-mail list, how everybody is ready to help each
>other
>out

Being ready to help is the essence of search and rescue, isn't it?

>Hopefully one day we can assist in some way.

You already have. I added your website to http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/
.

Please send me a copy of the magazine article; I am sure Irv would like one
too.
If you can send a PDF that would be ideal.

Una