msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] ATF SEASON

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] ATF SEASON
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:36:04 -0400

You are assuming the ability to read at long distances is a requirement to get in the field? A blind man can legally buy a gun in most jurisdictions and in PA you can shoot from a wheel chair.  The local park manager wants to open our training area to archery on an open season basis.  The neighbors are up in arms with the lawyers standing by since there has not been an open season on the property since 1927 and only special, closed shoots since 1987 (1-4 days closed to the general public during the workweek, once per year).  Non-hunters cannot carry weapons in Pennsylvania state parks or forests.

Anyway, PA makes it a felony to interfere with or harass a SAR horse at any time with some pretty stiff restitution clauses as well.

Irv Lichtenstein