msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR Trading Cards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR Trading Cards
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 21:59:42 -0400

I am not sure what is meant by "Remember it is other people's money you are spending"?
To be on the safe side and to remove any doubt, TROTSAR team members who purchased MSAR trading cards used their own (out of pocket) funds. No donations, grant money or other public funds were (or will be) used in the purchase the TROTSAR MSAR trading cards listed on https://id311.securedata.net/sarshop.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=126

If folks want to find a cheaper source for trading cards that is perfectly fine too. Personally, whenever possible I prefer to spend a little extra (of my own) money to support the vendors who actually go out on the road and support SAR conferences, especially those few vendors who support the MSAR community and provide MSAR products.
T'mi
www.trotsar.org

IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN wrote:

These have been used by police and fire for years as part of community
outreach. Try and find out who prints the cops' --- the price will probably
be cheaper than a "MSAR" shop that subs the work out. I will try to track
down who does the VFC's cards-- 2 sides, full color, glossy finish, boxes of
1000. They cut us a break on the first batch because we ordered around 50
different faces/apparatus pictures.
Remember it is other people's money you are spending.