msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Starting a MSAR team

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Andrew Hennell <ahennell@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Starting a MSAR team
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:30:23 +1000

Hi all,
have been reading all this with great interest. We're getting close to establishing a mounted SAR team in the Canberra Australian to provide coverage of the Australian Capital Territory and surrounding regions of New South Wales.

I've compliled plenty of information to support our case, but what we're being asked for now is actual data to support the effectiveness of MSAR teams in searches. Actual data will help the local police & emergency services finally agree to trialling this before official endorsement.

To help collect the data, I've whipped up a quick SurveyMonkey questionaire http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=xrBD2TmpLj55q0fmJp9rFg_3d_3 and would appreciate it if you could spare 2 minutes to share some info with me.

I'll summarise the responses (without names) and post them back here also, so we can get a snapshot of what everyone's up to.

thanks heaps, and hopefully we'll be up and running very soon!

Andrew