msar-riders - [MSAR] Summerville, South Carolina USA

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Summerville, South Carolina USA
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:56:20 -0700

Gayle Ruckman wrote:
>We are currently not in a group but would like to learn more and
>join one in South Carolina. We live near Summerville, SC.

Hi Gayle,

The nearest MSAR unit to you may be Lowcountry Mounted Search and
Rescue, sponsored by Charleston County Emergency Preparedness
Division. Here is a contact person for the county Emerg Prep Div:

James Tarter, Charleston County Emergency Preparedness Division
4045 Bridge View Drive
North Charleston, SC 29405
Phone: (843) 202-7405
Fax: (843) 202-7408
E-mail: jtarter@charlestoncounty.org

The county has a volunteer fire and rescue squad, which has separate
teams that do large animal rescue and MSAR. Likely there is a lot
of overlap between the two teams. See their respective web pages:

http://chasrescue.homestead.com/
http://chasrescue.homestead.com/LART.html
http://chasrescue.homestead.com/MSAR.html

(Everyone, the LART page is worth a visit: many very interesting
photos of large animal rescues and equipment.)

Gayle, if you get new information and can correct or update what
is on http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#South%20Carolina, please
e-mail it to msar@ibiblio.org.

Thanks,