msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR horse - barefoot vs. being shod

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Gayle <Gayle@purefijiusa.com>
  • To: "laguyon2@yahoo.com" <laguyon2@yahoo.com>, Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR horse - barefoot vs. being shod
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:46:20 -0800

I have to wonder about those who were shod which would have been equally in
trouble w/glass. We keep our horses barefoot and when needed we have a pair
of cavello boots which have a thick rubber sole on the bottoms. Those seem
to work well and they really fit the hoof good. Would this help in those
areas?

We are currently not in a group but would like to learn more and join one in
South Carolina. We live near Summerville, SC.
Gayle Ruckman