msar-riders - [MSAR] Seeking trainers in the Southern IL area

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Dana Mc <k9preydrive@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Seeking trainers in the Southern IL area
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:27:02 -0800 (PST)

Afternoon, from Southern IL,

Our Ground SAR team hosted a conference last year at a local camp for the purpose of  training and familiarization of local teams. It was called SAREX 2008.

We will be doing the same in 09. While we had ground SAR, K9 and Technical aspects of training through the 3 day weekend, what we didn't have was Mounted.

Now I know we have some mounted teams in Northern IL but the southern portion of our county is not as organized as it should be.

If any groups or teams would like to participate and/or instruct, please contact us! We would be thrilled to  have a mounted component to the weekend!

I also know there are people in this beautiful region that are avid trail riders and probably could be convinced of forming a group if they had the right guidance.Our team would be willing to be home to a mounted unit as well, but again, we have noone with the knowledge to begin one. So, if we could use SAREX 2009 as a jumping off point, maybe we could draw some people in and get them motivated!

Any ideas are welcome. You may reply here too but please send your info to K9Preydrive@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much!

Dana McGuire
President, LESAR (www.lesar.org)
SAR Manager
SARTECH II

LESAR
ILSARC
Union Co. ESDA
Union Co. EMS

  • [MSAR] Seeking trainers in the Southern IL area, Dana Mc, 11/23/2008