msar-riders - [MSAR] Fw: ANSI 107 compliant safety vest update

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Chris Havran <ncr_hso@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Fw: ANSI 107 compliant safety vest update
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 20:46:59 -0800 (PST)

I thought this might be useful for groups that did not already have visible gear.  I would want to wear mine while searching in the woods during hunting season as well as my bay horse could be mistaken for other quarry!

Many thanks to Chris for this info.  Dana

: Monday, November 17, 2008, 12:09 PM

Hello everyone!

As per the new federal mandate, this month, for emergency responders having to wear ANSI 107 compliant vests (when working near federal roadways), I have found a cost effective supplier for these vests at the 2008 Iowa EMS Association Conference. The back ID panel can be ordered blank and my hometown fire chief can personalize them for us, inexpensively. The vests are fully adjustable, too!

Let me know what you think!

Chris

“It is my duty to save lives and to aid the injured. I will be prepared at all times to perform this duty quickly and efficiently, placing it before personal desires and comforts. These things I do, that others may live.” – US Air Force Pararescueman’s Code

Christopher W. Havran, Captain

Health Services Officer

North Central Region Headquarters

US Air Force Auxiliary – Civil Air Patrol

MOBILE: (515) 360-1334

E-MAIL: hso@ncr.cap.gov

www.cap.gov, www.gocivilairpatrol.com, www.level2.cap.gov, www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID+163, www.capchannel.com/video, www.ncr.cap.gov

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete it from his or her computer. The Privacy Act of 1974 as amended applies: This e-mail and attachments may contain information you are required to safeguard IAW DoD 5400.11R and is For Official Use Only (FOUO). Disclosure of information is IAW DoD 5400.7-R/AF Supplement AFI 33-119, AFI 33-127, AFI 33-219, CAPR 110-1 and PL 93-579.