msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] w.a ses mounted section

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David Leadbetter" <dleadbetter1@aapt.net.au>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] w.a ses mounted section
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:07:34 +0900

Irv
The state emergency service is part of fire and emergecy services authority [FESA],Ipresume this is akin to your FEMA.
As I said we are primarily involved in search but are called on to help out in other roles.
We have a unit base[office,training rooms etc]1 landcruser veicle and an ops trailer.The unit is supplied with everything we need to operate.
Personally we are supplied with uniforms and other bits and pieces.
We also recieve nationally accredited training in land search,senior first aid ,map and navigation,radio procedures and incident control.
Obviosly we have our own horses,floats and vehicles.
Our mission statement purpose etc is that of SES/FESA and we are as are all SES units bound by govt legislation and responsible to the Emergency Services Minister.

cheers

linda