msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Ticks and Fleas, what is your defense? When we are carriers too!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: Thor Burfine <thor@kelbysoft.net>, MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Ticks and Fleas, what is your defense? When we are carriers too!
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

BIG THANK YOU!!!  While I could not get the MYCODEX with carbol due to its being discontinued I was able to order another MYCODEX product.. Am trying the one with 3x pyrethins...hopefully that one will do the trick.  I was reduced to having to use a Hartz (flea and tick) product and very disatisfied with the odor control...to say none the less for no control on any creepy crawlers!

The MYCODEX with carbol by the way was discontinued due to environmental reasons...the mis-used disposal of carbol proposed a hazard to the environment in the drainage water apparently.  Which was really too bad for this product, becasue when used properly it was a wonderful shampoo with tick and flea prevention.

Right hand still intact Thor,  againm thanks for the help!!

Karen

Visit our horses at:

  http://spanishequineskbefarm.bravehost.com/