msar-riders - [MSAR] cortisone for allergy

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David Leadbetter" <dleadbetter1@aapt.net.au>
  • To: <jchuston@earthlink.net>, "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] cortisone for allergy
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 08:33:30 +0800

I have had same problem over the years. V et always used to put it down to fleas.
My vet eventually conceded was probably allergy to grass or some such thing.
Elton would create 'h'ot spots' where he would draw blood.
cortisone injections  were the ONLY treatment that helped our dogs.
I realise this is not ideal for young dogs but we really only needed it in the summer and quality of life is important.

cheers

linda l
australia