msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] NY state SAR training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] NY state SAR training
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 02:57:21 -0500

PA DCNR has a Basic and Advanced grid search and a search management course
registered with the State Fire Academy. I have seen the search management
material- it was mostly a copy of ERI and NASAR MSO/MSF. The curriculum
committee had approved ERI and ERI credentials for instructors teaching the
course after they met PA instructor standards. All I know about the others
is that they included line search, some map and compass, and ran about 16
hours. Will look around for an MSA (accreditation and course outline
document).

Irv Lichtenstein