msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] msar western australia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] msar western australia
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 11:47:29 -0400

Linda Leadbetter wrote:
>I AM A MEMEBER OF THE STATE EMERGENCY SERVICE MOUNTED SECTION IN PERTH
>WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

Welcome, Linda.

Is your section one of the MSAR units listed on our web directory?
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#Australia
If not, does your section have a web page? In the absense of any
page, the web directory can link to any post about your section that
you make here. Please let me know. (This applies also to any unit,
including units in development; just send me an e-mail asking to
be added.)

>I WOULD LIKE TO CORRESPOND WITH A FEW LONG TERM MSAR MEMBERS.

You have come to the right place. MSAR-Riders subscribers include
many long term MSAR responders. My own involvement in MSAR goes
back only 7 years, but my first SAR mission was ~25 years ago. As
a "professional" backcountry user (per my career), not principally
a SAR responder, I have worked tens of SAR missions. I know some
other subscribers here on MSAR-Riders who have worked hundreds or
thousands of missions.

More later...

Mounted Search and Rescue
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/