msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Subject: Re: ARNETTE SEARCH FOR LOST MOM

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Marie Lester" <marie.lester@gmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Subject: Re: ARNETTE SEARCH FOR LOST MOM
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:44:05 -0400

What a difficult situation, Karen. I Googled the distance/ time and
discovered it is a 6 hr drive for us. Then there is the issue of
lodging and horse boarding. We did travel 2.5 hrs last June and were
lucky enough to stay in the Fire Dept. That unit found free and safe
board for our horses, as well. I wonder if you might still be able to
serve by landing some free lodging and board for those who drive quite
a distance. It is disappointing to relinquish the team experience of
working with your horse, but if you still want to be involved, this
might be an avenue for you.

I am not able to assist in this case, as we have a potential search in
our back yards again.

Good luck,
Marie