msar-riders - [MSAR] Interoperability

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: BRENDADURHAM5@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Interoperability
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 12:56:38 EDT

East Fork State Park
Volunteer Mounted Search & Rescue
We have had radio issues from the beginning of our Team.  Years ago, not long after we organized we were raising money to buy radios, when a private security company donated several to us after an upgrade.
They served our purpose well at the time (they were high band).
We kept them stored at the Park Office, someone broke in and stole them with other items and dumped them in a nearby mud puddle (they were not that water proof).
We then started focusing on our next radio purchase when our County Communications Center and all it Emergency Services went to 800mz.  They purchased 20 extra radios that stay at the Comm Ctr, for loan to agencies in instances of: special events and need more radios, large incidents, or any incident that would require more radios for any reason.  So when we are activated we have access to those radios.

  • [MSAR] Interoperability, BRENDADURHAM5, 08/04/2007