msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Response on Civil Air Patrol and (horse) mounted search and rescue

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Response on Civil Air Patrol and (horse) mounted search and rescue
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 08:17:14 -0700 (PDT)

When I know of any other teams, I can let you know.  I am forwarding the questions I receive that I am not sure how to answer to the Wing Emergency Services director, who I believe is a flight surgeon, John DesMarais. Thank you.  Dana

MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org> wrote:
Dana SNYDER wrote:
>Una, thanks so much for the mention.

You are welcome. I know how hard it is to build a new unit; it is hard
enough keeping an established unit going. Networking and recruiting are
essential activities.

>Call CAP National Operations Center @1-888-211-1812 or the Air Force
>Rescue Coordination Center @ 1-800-851-3051 for the nearest CAP squadron
>with the requested capabilities.

Are they responsive to requests not involving SAR missions in progress?
In other words, can anyone call them merely to locate an established CAP
squadron that has an MSAR field team?

I am glad to hear you are training with other, non-CAP MSAR units, but I
specified CAP resources because, even for an MSAR field team, there is
CAP-specific paperwork at the organizational level.

Dana, can you add any entries to my list of MSAR resources connected with
CAP squadrons?

Thanks,

Una