msar-riders - [MSAR] Civil Air Patrol and (horse) mounted search and rescue

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-Riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Civil Air Patrol and (horse) mounted search and rescue
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:21:12 -0400

Dear MSAR-Riders,

I received a query off list about MSAR in the US Civil Air Patrol. In
reply, I wrote the following summary. It may be of use to others here.

Una

In South Dakota, the CAP Philip Composite Squadron has a mounted patrol
and their website is up today: http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/philip/ .

Edward M. Vazquez EVazquez@elcbalt.uscg.mil formed a CAP MSAR in Maryland
under Bowie Composite Squadron.

An old CAP newsletter mentions another CAP MSAR forming in Maryland. Ed,
or Tomi Finkle TFinkle@erols.com with TROTSAR, may know the status of that.

Jim Green muleequestrian@yahoo.com started one in North Carolina a few
years ago, but I think it collapsed. Jim has since moved to Maine.

The one in Oklahoma City got written up in a CAP magazine, but it too
collapsed. A founding leader was Mike Dillard veritas.md@sbcglobal.net.

Dana Snyder <allendana1@sbcglobal.net> is trying to organize a CAP MSAR
unit in Kansas.

Norma Newton newtonrn@huxcomm.net is trying to organize a CAP MSAR unit
in Iowa.

Members of a CAP squadron in Sheridan Wyoming have some interest in an
MSAR wing.