msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR MAN TRACKING CLASS ( TCLEOSE ) INFO May 19 2007 Rusk County

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: del903@sbcglobal.net, rlytle@gt.rr.com, fireplacesbyron@netzero.com, abareoneof2@yahoo.com, Angela.Norton@twc.state.tx.us, shelly.jones@tdcj.state.tx.us, raskew@ci.longview.tx.us, srae13@rio-express.net, JeffB@aol.com, logan11b@yahoo.com, Wwaynebare@aol.com, rdyer50@peoplepc.com, bfletcher@dctools.com, pastor@roloffhomes.org, jnmking@gmail.com, chiefturner@vanzandtcounty.org, cburkett25@yahoo.com, COZARTDW@GOWER.net, john.creech@sjcd.edu, crewings@earthlink.net, ricci_aqha@peoplepc.com, truenortherner@hotmail.com, jneeley@smith-county.com, chiefashlock@vzsheriff.com, JKVAUGHANJRMD@aol.com, charles77625@yahoo.com, Jamesthenew@aol.com, mouseonamission@yahoo.com, steve.stapleton@tpwd.state.tx, glile@smith-county.com, George4Messiah@aol.com, GMontg6376@aol.com, Greg@totalcaretyler.com, Greg.Tindall@harley-davidson.com, info@ispt.org, ju1054@msn.com, Jayne.Fuller@co.clayton.ga.us, jsmith@treetownusa.com, jgg2@earthlink.net, jimwsewell@yahoo.com, keenerfl@juno.com, keith@creationsforhim.com, LaymanFarm@aol.com, lethompson7@netzero.com, kermitlittle@nts-online.net, lois1946@peoplepc.com, mknight@kilgore.edu, umpoot@lcii.net, msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org, ryanparpar@msn.com, rick@vzmds.com, rod_bare@yahoo.com, royce_baptist@yahoo.com, glndarod@gmail.com, lionadr@eastex.net, scottweems1@yahoo.com, sheriff@vzsheriff.com, nonnertina@comcast.net, troyewings@yahoo.com, ronny.griffith@co.gregg.tx.us, una.smith@att.net, dstill@vanzandtcounty.org, cityofvantexas@yahoo.com, VirgBrown@aol.com, l.wardlow@txdps.state.tx.us, wilki230@aol.com, wtullos@GCI.net, mferguson@kilgore.edu, mejking@gmail.com
  • Cc: sheriff@smith-county.com, info@txsheriffs.org, nrflowback2@yahoo.com, bgarmon@smith-county.com
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR MAN TRACKING CLASS ( TCLEOSE ) INFO May 19 2007 Rusk County
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:36:54 EDT

MSAR Man Tracking Class held on May 19, 2007in Henderson Texas for the Rusk County Sheriff's Department.

This was an 8 hour "TCLEOSE" sponsored by East Texas Police Academy at Kilgore, Tx which is part of ETCOG. A special thanks goes to Michael Ferguson and  Milissa Knight of ETPA and Angela Norton at ETCOG for making this possible at no charge for police officers.

Instructor/ManTracker, W. Wayne Bare of Van, Tx of the Van Zandt County Tracking Team, having been an accomplished tracker for 40 years,  puts on classes free of charge for peace officers needing TCLEOSE hours, that  this art of man tracking, fact finding, sign cutting might be preserved to assist officers in the future for the sake of our young, our old and our lands needing to be protected.

 We observed dated tracks, tracks of mans shoes covered by burlap sacks, tracks walking backwards, and insects and rain changing our dated tracks in our field lab.  We created a dark room and observed tracks in different light for night tracking.  We talked about the need to stay after a track realizing in a mile there would be 3,000 tracks laid down by one person. We brought in experts, such as Dr. Joseph Vaughan, Tyler TX. and he spoke about the need to protect yourself from snake bites, infectious plants, bad water and many, many other things concerning first aid.  We also brought in Lt. John King, ret, Houston PD, Helicopter Div. and the many (tracks)he saw 500 hundred feet in the air (there night light on the dew at night show up tracks like it was a chalk board).  His story about a perpetrator hiding in water and their infra red showing up only his lips assisted in catching the bad guy and many other very unique insights to tracking.

A special thanks to Virgil Brown , White Oak TX. for his endless help in setting all this up and his great knowledge of GPS units (Virgil will be giving a talk on GPS at our next seminar).  A very special thanks to Sheriff Glenn Deason Rusk County TX. and Officer Dave Roberts for providing a great facility for us to meet in.......... Our advisors to help keep these officers on track .... Greg Ortiz, ret DPS, Tyler, Tx,..... Sgt Rocky Wardlow, Texas Ranger, Bastrop Tx,........ Lt John King, Ret, Ben Wheeler, Tx.  .... A very special personal thanks to Larry and Rene Taylor, Henderson, Tx for donating a larger 3 year old horse to be trained in this work  Of course, we named the horse, " Ole Tracker."  What a blessing we get as we realize helping others helps us all. .... It is a goal of Lt John King and myself to help show the need of a DPS Helicopter branch in Tyler Tx.  The whole northern quarter of east Texas must either get a helicopter out of Mesquite, Waco or Houston.  So, our goal will be to speak to Representatives and others in our area about the great need for a DPS Search and Rescue Helicopter and it's personnel permanently located in Tyler Tx. .. Till next Time when we  will hear more  "Bare Facts In A Track"

VAN ZANDT COUNTY TRACKING TEAM

 W. Wayne Bare

903.963.1573         903.312.7907   cell

www.apbcrescue.org                                       www.ispt.org

OLE TRACKER    part Belgium part Quarter Horse  ready for Training

See what's free at AOL.com.

  • [MSAR] MSAR MAN TRACKING CLASS ( TCLEOSE ) INFO May 19 2007 Rusk County, Wwaynebare, 06/28/2007