msar-riders - [MSAR] No regrets... Just looking for that special peice of equipment....

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] No regrets... Just looking for that special peice of equipment....
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

IN COMMENT TO:

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:45:57 -0700
From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
Subject: [MSAR] Helmets
To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>

When all is said and done I know that many of us will pay attention to
the research and documentation that supports helmets as important
accessories to staying alive and well while mounted. There will always
be some who don't believe the research, or who feel their own
experiences outweigh the experts and their research. To those folks I
wish you well in life and I hope you never have reason to regret your
decision not to wear a helmet.

Chris Pennington

---->>>

All kidding and SPECIFICALLY helmets aside, as horsemen out there....what type of protection are you wearing to protect your NECK. (you know that thing between your shoulders that attaches to your head).. If you have a manufactured peice of equipment or something you are in invention of yourself, specifically made for protecting your neck when you ride please advise.  I am not interested in hearing any conversation on a helmet on this.
This is entirely a different issue than helmet discussion.

You may think this is a joke, but this is totally serious.  Spinal cord injuries involving the neck are seriously painful and can also be deadly if not result you end up in a wheelchair or worse.  And the neck can take a hit without the head ever cracking the ground.. so let's hear it.

Thank you.

Karen Nesbitt - RETIRED
Iroquois County
Illinois

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

  • [MSAR] No regrets... Just looking for that special peice of equipment...., Karen Nesbitt, 05/19/2007