msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] safety riding helmet

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] safety riding helmet
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 18:43:28 -0500

The larger catalog operations used to stock an orange color cover that fit Troxels and similar shapes. The last one I bought was some years ago from Stateline.

If you are picking a cover for visibility make sure your pick a color that never appears naturally in your area.  Also see if reflective tapes will adhere to it.

I have found that using either gray/white and red reflective tape on a white helmet avoids the “whitetail” look of a standard helmet and does no damage to the shell.

It may make you look like the back end of a trailer however.

Irv Lichtenstein