msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Cowboy style riding helmet cover survey request

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lyne <lyne.bryngyld@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Cowboy style riding helmet cover survey request
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:09:40 -0700 (PDT)

I actually own two styles of western hat helmet covers (not going to count ALL my hardhats).  One is a straw rim that slips over the helmet.  The other is a black cover with a bendable rim that covers the whole helmet.  I rarely use them.  What I actually use is a soft brimmed hat under my helmet.  Doesn't look so hot, but it is the most comfortable and shadiest.  Most of my riding involves mounted patrol type riding.  My size in adult XL and I'm waaay over 21.

I was told by the safety guys that a hard brimmed helmet would not be safe because falling against the brim might twist the head and neck inappropriately.  My state (California) does not require helmets.

I would be interested in your product, especially if it was comfortable, lightweight (as possible) and provides sun protection.

Lyne

There are no manufactured SEI approved riding helmets in the style of
a cowboy/western hat. There is a hardhat that resembles the cowboy hat
style but it is not recommended or approved for horseback riding.
Equestrian riding helmet manufacturers visually are as far off track
as you can get from our western heritage look of the cowboy style hat.

Design development is underway & I would appreciate your response via
email to the following questions:

1. Is this a product you would purchase?
2. Do you participate in western riding events and competition, trail
rides, drill teams, parades, rodeos, horse clubs, or mounted patrols?
3. Do you live in a state where helmets are required?
4. Age of horseback rider: 5-12 years; 13-21 years; Over 21 years;
5. Helmet size: Sm Med Large X-Large

Please send email response to: camp@yitsaranch.com
Thank you for your participation!

website info - http://www.yitsaranch.com