msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Advanced Rescue Technology

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Advanced Rescue Technology
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:15:32 -0700

Sorry, posted that prematurely...

Una Smith wrote:
>Last time I checked, the NASAR insert in Advanced Rescue Technology
>(ART) was included only in copies distributed to NASAR members. Is
>that still the case?
>
>Anyway, this is what I did to obtain a PDF of my own article in the
>NASAR insert: I requested it from NASAR's staff; they implicitly
>approved my request by forwarding it to the relevant ART staff, who
>sent me a PDF...not exactly a page image, but close enough.

I had to go through NASAR precisely because NASAR, not ART, is the
publisher of those pages. They have a separate title too, "SAR
Professional".

Here is my reprint: http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/dox/Smith2005b.pdf

And its citation:

Smith, Una (2005) ASTM standard for mounted SAR training. SAR
Professional / Advanced Rescue Technology 8(3): N10--N12. (SAR
Professional is a bound insert usually appearing in every other
issue of Advanced Rescue Technology, in copies distributed to
members of NASAR.)

Hope this helps lessen any confusion for readers here who are not
members of NASAR.