msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] BRIGHT SAFETY GEAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Patty Montoya" <riverrider@bak.rr.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] BRIGHT SAFETY GEAR
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:28:06 -0700

This is a connection to the story of the hit and run driver: http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_JO23_HORSE_S10823.htm
It sounds like not only was the driver probably inebriated, he was driving without a license, on a GRAVEL road, and the horses were on a bridge and had no where to run. Even if they had reflective gear and flashing lights, this guy probably wouldn't have seen them in time. Tragic. Reminder to all of us that we can control ourselves and our horses, but we can't control idiots!
Patty

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Nesbitt" <spanishequines@yahoo.com>