msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] GPS and field navigation

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Mike" <revmp777@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] GPS and field navigation
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 16:26:52 -0400

True enough. Practice makes a world of difference. I'm partial to the
map/compass combo but still like to carry a GPS for other info, distances to
waypoints, travel speed, etc, but I wouldn't depend only on it. I've never
tried orienteering but I may give it a shot just for the experience. Thanks

Mike