msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Virginia dream MSAR training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Virginia dream MSAR training
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 21:57:09 -0700

From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lstruve@msn.com>
Our LTs favorite clue for ground and mounted training are playing cards. Our last training before I moved back to Iowa we were finding business cards and pens.

Playing cards and other smaller objects were commonly used in training that Kathy Roberts provided years ago for MSAR folks at SAREXs in CA. Since the smaller objects are more of a challenge from the saddle, it was more of a challenge for the searchers looking for the "clues" during training.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
www.ceoates.com/msar