msar-riders - [MSAR] wat will happen to my horses' behavior when mares enter the herd?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "bilal malaeb" <billo_malaeb@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] wat will happen to my horses' behavior when mares enter the herd?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:52:00 +0300

my horses are well trained one of them is 8 y.o and the other is not 3 yet. both of them are very well trained the smaller horse havent been riden yet. the mare im planning to get is about 9 y.o and her female foal is 3 months old. what will my horses do knowing that none of them is castrated? will they annoy the mare? if i breed the mare to one of them would the problem be resolved? will the horses' behavior change when there are females are in between??? will they be desperate all the time to breed the mare?? when will the 3 y.o horse start to breed? if the mares will make my horses' state worsen, they i would simply not buy the mare and its daughter! can u just explain to me what would the horses want to do when the 2 mares come to the farm? will they want to breed the mare or they would get used to her and with time they will be less desperate to jump on her? this prb is really confusing me! i need a solution because if wanna buy the mares it has 2 be during those 2 days or else they wud be sold to som1 else. thank you anyway!!!!

  • [MSAR] wat will happen to my horses' behavior when mares enter the herd?, bilal malaeb, 06/21/2006