msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] shoeing

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Juanita Hayes <j28l61h@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] shoeing
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:08:15 -0800 (PST)

I've been using Old Mac boots on my horses. They're pleasure horse, kept
barefoot unless there's a need, and only a few call-outs a year don't justify
changing that. The boots are great once you get them fitted- I've had them
stay on in mid-cannon mud and provide traction on sealed driveways or wet
rocks. Not to mention, someone may ask you about the "sneakers" and give you
chance to talk about MSAR.
The only downside- you need a pair for each horse (2 if you use backs) and
they won't fit really LARGE horses, but I like my horses a little smaller
anyway.

Juanita Hayes TROT-SAR

Yahoo! Mail
>From j28l61h@yahoo.com Fri Mar 3 14:19:12 2006

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=NrFpjO/9Ne9ROqu8S8yPZ+d1Scm9PmtaIqBSFxkY/mEySW6SwqAWki9vVRNW4SyNce9iV2IBfsvw1+pLaRRYfCqVrm3+a280vc2th1Yyrbvvccbc0s/bNfQ6cHblMSGIUd5aa4lNfqYjbuVfWVnHVZ32xdV57nsi3EHvTCJiP/o=
;