msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] TIE PINS, HELMETS - MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] TIE PINS, HELMETS - MSAR
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:03:00 -0800

People that shoot a lot of pool will purchase pool sticks that cost a
fortune and use them a lot. People that do a lot of hiking will spend a
fortune on hiking shoes that they will go out and wear out in one summer.
People that live in the saddle like I and many other cowboys and ranchers
do, will spend a lot of money on a good saddle that they can survive day
after day for numerous hours a day in the saddle. Most people that ride
only spend one or two hours in the saddle then complain they are sore. Some
people claim they ride so much they never get sore any more. A local
rancher, Marge Carman, told me once that if someone tells you that you
better watch them for they will lie about something else too. Everyone that
puts a long day in the saddle will get a little sore. A good and often
expensive handmade saddle will make an cowboy's life a little more
tolerable. Can make the difference between your rump being on fire after 11
hours in the saddle with camp another four mules away. I always made do
with the cheaper saddles and would just cowboy up and shut off the pain.
Now I do not have to shut off as much. I also take care of my expensive
saddle that is made for taking in the back trails where I live and work in
all types of weather. Good reliable equipment is important to those who use
them a lot.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR