msar-riders - [MSAR] synthetic saddles

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Mary Duffy <mduffy2727@juno.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] synthetic saddles
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:09:08 -0500

Hey Sherry -
We use the Abetta Cordura synthetic saddles on our foxtrotter all
the time, for lessons and trail riding. I am the only one here who has a
"real" saddle. NO ONE wants to lift my wade tree ranch
saddles........these I use for my everyday riding, SAR,
everything........BEST money I ever spent.
Mary Duffy

Mary C. Duffy
Lucky Rooster Farm-Registered Missouri Fox Trotting Horses
Concord, MA
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/luckyroosterfarm/
http://masooi.org/SearchAndRescue.html

Which brings me to my next question...Has anyone tried one of those
synthetic saddles? They are so light and, shall we say, cost effective. I
have some other things made out of cordura and it is extremely durable. I
mostly trail ride and am not out to impress anyone. I use an aussie now,
no
horn to get stuck in the gut with, and like it a lot. I know horns come
in
handy, but I haven't needed to tie off a calf in the 13 years I've been
riding. I have been thinking of a synthetic as a second saddle.

Sherry
Tennessee - START

  • [MSAR] synthetic saddles, Mary Duffy, 01/29/2006