msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mules

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mules
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:23:41 -0800

Hi Patty,
I had to haul a horse to San Diego Thursday and Friday. Not sure what all
well for us. I have found the Arab horses are good back country horses as
long as you do not upset them. The mules will pick up that trait as well
from the Arabs. The Thoroughbreds will pick up the long legs and height,
but will also sometimes pick up the flightiness. The draft cross mules make
very good saddle and pack mules.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR