msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Patty Montoya" <riverrider@bak.rr.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 20:36:53 -0800

Una and everyone,
Thanks for the input. Yes, I've talked to my team members...it's just I like to hear lots of opinions, it seems like there's ALWAYS something new or a different viewpoint. Plus, I'm finding it interesting to hear about the regulations that we face throughout the country and how we deal with them.
As several of you mentioned, we always bring ALL of our own provisions, horse and human, although the Sheriff's Department has always been kind enough to provide a meal on each search I've been on. But of course we never depend on them, plus there may not be time. As far as manure management, I simply fork it into a black trash bag, toss it in the back of the truck, and cart it out. (In staging area, I've never had to deal with it on the trail)
Thanks again for the responses.
Patty
----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>