msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Foal Watch

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: possegal@att.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Jorene Downs <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Foal Watch
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 05:55:39 +0000

WE had a foal born last year in the water tub. The mare was put out for
awhile in the round pen while my friend was cleaning stalls. Fortunately she
was there when she heard splashing and looked to see the foal sitting in the
tub. We named it Bobby after Bobby Buchet from the movie the Waterboy.
--
Carla J Olsen
possegal@att.net

-------------- Original message from "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>:
--------------

> Most of our mares foal between sundown and sunup. We almost got caught last
> year when a maiden mare foaled at noon. Luckily my daughter and vet were
> here, doing other things around the barn, and were right there for her ...
> in the mud of the turnout instead of the nice 12x24 bedded foaling stall.
> ;)
>
> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
> Jorene Downs
> CEOates Ranch
> www.CEOates.com

h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

b=MZkNcfGXOc7MJTxpflCWoSKNZ1aPJf3OvD05Vt2/I3ikCtVCh0WdYaaYtWLjg8moX7LSPJosavyRq3+y3bBvMyEDjGe/5NAszzWx/bVFTR9mcJqVI3M+/pNbW6QgMHRgCSeem74I1MBvjpfy+vjTezX5j44UWjgVZIfLsh4AkIQ=
;