msar-riders - [MSAR] Foal Watch

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deby Brown <spotted_saddle_horse2003@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Foal Watch
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:44:52 -0800 (PST)

I was on foal watch years ago with my mare. They say
they usually foal in the middle of the night when all
is quiet and peaceful. NOT TRUE: she foaled at 5pm
one evening and in the mud. It was a chore trying to
get the filly and mom back into the barn in their
foaling stall where it was dry. My husband and I used
a beach towel under her belly and walked her into the
barn. Good luck!