msar-riders - [MSAR] Rose Parade

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "SAR-L" <SAR-L@ml.islandnet.com>, "MSAR-L" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Rose Parade
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:25:15 -0800

Folks watching the Rose Parade on TV on New Year's Day may see the Tulare County Sheriff's Posse - complete with our Sheriff - riding in the parade. Many of the riders participating are also part of the Posse's Mounted SAR team.

I'm a member of the Posse, but I won't be riding. We have pregnant mares due starting in January. One mare looks close to foaling, and I'm already on foal watch with fingers and toes crossed that we don't have any newborn foals until *after* midnight New Year's Eve so they are officially born in 2006!

Happy New Year to all!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar
Tulare-Kings CERT
www.tk-cert.org

CEOates Ranch
www.CEOates.com

  • [MSAR] Rose Parade, Jorene Downs, 12/29/2005